Welcome! I create content about boats and their people—both fiction and fact.
I’ve published four novels and one coffee-table history about coastal adventures. Read more
I speak sailing, foiling, and also—gasp—powerboating. Read more
For a weekly dose of lighthearted perspective, subscribe to my Thursday blog. Recent topics include:
- The Best Part of Writing a Good Novel
- Thanksgiving 2023: What this Special Day will Bring
- New Book Discovery: My 3 Favorite Reads of 2023
- Why a Voiceless “Victory” Makes me So Proud
- Book Review: The Half of It
I’m often asked how I made the leap from Olympic sailor to author. Though the two achievements would seem to require very different skill sets, they both played to my strengths in combining self-motivation and creativity.
Occasionally, people who’ve known me a really long time ask how I made the leap from sailboat rigger to writer. I’m still looking for a good answer to that one.
Thanks for dropping by! If you’re looking for a content creator who speaks sailing, send me an email.